This years inspiration for the Window display is the magical saying of ‘ pigs may fly’. The soft pinks and crisp Christmas whites dominate the Window. We have a great selection of all sorts of gift and Christmas deco, to excite anyone into the festive season. Yes it’s girly but why not! Pigs may fly, from vines to baubles. Charbonnel et walker truffles to the fabulous scent of Marmalade candles in all sorts of seasonal smells. Come take a few minutes to get inspired and get that Christmas feeling. Door wreaths will soon be available and this year we have some fabulous accessories to make them really gorgeous. The soft pinks is a nice change subtle but classy, give it a try. Using silver or golds, both would complement this soft shade. Enjoy, oink oink x
These are a few of our pictures from the weekend, we got to meet some lovely brides to be and there families.
This year we celebrate Halloween with cute tin night light pumpkin friends and soft Jellycat fox and squirrels, gorgeous scented candles. Of course we have the return of the Pendle witches.. spooky time.
This years Spring wedding fair at Carlton Towers was full of glamour by its exquisite surroundings a perfect setting for a bang on trend wedding. Now Carlton Towers has been the back drop for our very own favourite Series Victoria, the venue couldn’t be far from a fairytale story. This spring here at Lisas florist, we have included soft peaches and rose gold into the designs to give that vintage glamorous look.. here are a few pics from the day.
The Beautiful Selby Abbey was the perfect venue for a summer Sunday wedding. We have dressing the aisle with an abundance of summer shades and scooped garlands down though the choir stalls. This Carries your eye right down the aisle and is finished off with two pedestal flower arrangement, which gives a lovely impacted.
This pedestal are an made from a selection of summer flowers, including Anthuriums, hydrangeas, gerbera, lily, and roses.
David Heath was well know in the 2006 Xfactor contest as part of Eton Road, with fellow singers Anthony Hannah, Danny Morris and James Edwards. That year the winner, Leona Lewis took to the world by storm but there is no love lost between the contestants and remain friends. After the show finished David opened a fantastic dance school for kids ‘Attitude Dance’ which is based in Liverpool where the star still lives. Each year he performs in pantomimes around the country, and got to see him when he came in the opera house in York a few years ago. I got to meet David though another friend and I was lucky enough to be able to get an interview with this charming guy.
‘Hi David, what inspired you to first audition for Xfactor?’
‘ I really wanted the band to be know and seen. So though Xfactor would be the perfect show to put us on that platform’
‘What door did it open for you to start your own career?’
‘It opened so many doors I’ve literally worked all around the world performing and meeting people I never thought I’d meet. I get booked every year for panto and opened my own dance school now using the name’
‘What’s Simon really like?’ I smile with a cheeky grin!
‘He’s actually really funny. Lovely but loves drama so he likes to cause it then laughs it’s all for good tv really’
‘What’s important to you now? (Family/friends/career)’
‘My career is important but without my friends and family I wouldn’t be me😊’
‘What inspires you now?’
‘My children at my dance school inspire me everyday. They all strive to get better and better and make me push them to there full potential they are so talented.’
‘what advise would you give to younger people?’
‘I’d say don’t let anyone get in the way of your dreams as you get one chance in life so live it!’
‘There’s been a lot in the press about men crying, what’s the last thing that made you cry? (Sad or with laughter)’
‘I cried the other night watching Surprise Surprise lol…. I love a good cry haha sad or laughing its normal!! You always feel good after a good cry haha.’
‘Who was the last person you brought flowers for?’
‘My mum, I buy her flowers every week just to let her know I love her..I’m a mummy’s boy lol so she gets white roses every Friday’ 😊
‘What do you normally buy your mum for Mother’s Day?’
‘The question should be what don’t you buy your mother on Mother’s Day lol. She is very spoilt lol’
‘Whats your favourite flower?’
‘Red roses, it has to be the big ones though’🌹
‘Thanks David for a catch up on how life after XFactor transformed your life and been such a lovely person’ lol X
With two main wedding fair locations (Monk Fryston Hall & Carlton Towers) in spring and autumn, we pride ourselves at Lisa’s Florist on the attention to detail. Making the day special for you and working with you so we can achieve some great designs.
- Pick and book venue, this can be a long process but an important one as this sets the scene for the whole wedding theme. Venues can be well booked in advance too, so this must be your first destination. Your wedding breakfast is the first meal in wedding bliss….
- Arrange along side your venue booking the place you would like to take your wedding vows. Whether it be in a church, religious spot or somewhere simple. Even in a unusual place there is so much scope now.
- Choose wedding themes and colours, picking things that you like and sticking to it can be quite hard. There is so much choice out there and it’s important to keep focused on the things that are important than the things that may look to busy and confusing in the end.
- The dress and the beautiful bride, this is the part that separate us from the beast! Every girl just wants to feel special on there big day, so it’s so important that you feel right in ‘The Dress’ comfy and not to restricted but elegant and radiant. Follow this with Bridesmaid dresses to compliment and not to out stage the bride.
- Make an appointment to see your florist, at Lisa’s Florist Selby we take appointments all year to discuss your floral needs. At these times it’s good to see and hear what stage of your wedding plan is at and talk about all expect of floral arrangements you need. This makes the icing on the cake and is important to not be missed when budgeting.
- Icing! Yes the cake, buns or last year and more this year of the usual ‘Cheese Wedding Cake’ (not iced) but floral decorated by us.
- Book cars or buses etc. for travelling to venue or bring you home after.
- Place order for invites and any other wedding stationary.
- Sort the boys…tux, bow or tie something he’ll wear with pride.
- Thank you gifts, floral hand-tied, orchid plant or something more personal.