With two main wedding fair locations (Monk Fryston Hall & Carlton Towers) in spring and autumn, we pride ourselves at Lisa’s Florist on the attention to detail. Making the day special for you and working with you so we can achieve some great designs.
- Pick and book venue, this can be a long process but an important one as this sets the scene for the whole wedding theme. Venues can be well booked in advance too, so this must be your first destination. Your wedding breakfast is the first meal in wedding bliss….
- Arrange along side your venue booking the place you would like to take your wedding vows. Whether it be in a church, religious spot or somewhere simple. Even in a unusual place there is so much scope now.
- Choose wedding themes and colours, picking things that you like and sticking to it can be quite hard. There is so much choice out there and it’s important to keep focused on the things that are important than the things that may look to busy and confusing in the end.
- The dress and the beautiful bride, this is the part that separate us from the beast! Every girl just wants to feel special on there big day, so it’s so important that you feel right in ‘The Dress’ comfy and not to restricted but elegant and radiant. Follow this with Bridesmaid dresses to compliment and not to out stage the bride.
- Make an appointment to see your florist, at Lisa’s Florist Selby we take appointments all year to discuss your floral needs. At these times it’s good to see and hear what stage of your wedding plan is at and talk about all expect of floral arrangements you need. This makes the icing on the cake and is important to not be missed when budgeting.
- Icing! Yes the cake, buns or last year and more this year of the usual ‘Cheese Wedding Cake’ (not iced) but floral decorated by us.
- Book cars or buses etc. for travelling to venue or bring you home after.
- Place order for invites and any other wedding stationary.
- Sort the boys…tux, bow or tie something he’ll wear with pride.
- Thank you gifts, floral hand-tied, orchid plant or something more personal.